Thursday, May 23, 2013

TPC - Round 10 & Flowers For Mom Challenge: These Are Not Poppies!

This is what happens when you get yourself into more than one challenge - you get a double challenge ;)

That's right! For today I was supposed to do my second mani for the Tri-Polish Challenge and do some pretty poppies for the Flowers For Mom Challenge:






So... what did I do? I did both in one mani! Why? Because that's a real challenge! 
That and I'm crazy ;)

You will have to excuse my poppies, because... they're not real poppies - I did try! I just am not at the top yet :)

See, here's the thing:






These are poppies, on the side of the road, on the way to my bus stop.
But...





These are my poppies - hahaha
Not at all the same, right? Do you see my thumb? I was still trying.
But I soon gave up and following this tutorial here, I attempted something similar - not to much avail, but...I did make an effort :)




I guess I'd, first of all, need more than the three polishes I'm supposed to wear for the TPC, and secondly, I'd need to know how to paint flowers - my Mom should give me some lessons; she's great at that, she is :D





Onto technicalities now: 
The background was done with the saran wrap technique - I dabbed Coral Matt Effect 406 (the blue polish, in case you don't remember) over two coats of white (Perfect Lady No.22).
And the grey arabesques were done using Kiko No.328 and an old striper brush.




The so-hard-to-achieve poppies (we already know that) were done using Serenna No.002 for the petals.
Some Perfect Lady No.22 for the white center of the flower and black dots using Purple Professional No.18 completed the look.



Of course, if you ask me, this isn't perfect (even though I asked Mom what she thought these resembled and her first answer was 'Poppies', that's Mom - she is and will always be very supportive ;)) and they're far from belonging to the type of poppies I know.

Still, I look at my nails with this design and I just feel happy!
I'm trying different things and improving from my first manicures and that just gets a wide smile on my face! :D


Anyway, leave me your honest comment about these ;)
And check out all the ladies' designs on both the challenges - that means on the links below and on the added inlinkz! :D

Hope you have a fantastic day, lovelies! <3



Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *




Carmina from Cubbiful


Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer






Paulina from Paulina’s Passions


Kristina from Polish and Repeat


Rachael from Rachos Nail Love



Yohana from Beauty-Shoes-Nails-Fun



19 comments:

  1. Don't be silly, girl! These are so obviously poppies I knew it the moment I saw them. And very cute ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's 'cause you're sweet! Thank you for the motivation and such a nice comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Honesty, I loove your poppies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you so much Irmak! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow Mina! I am speechless! These are simple amazing :)I love everything about them, really WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're too sweet darling - happy you really like them :)

      Delete
  4. sooooooo cute in a poppy field :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe - thought it was a nice touch :D
      thank you for your sweet comment **

      Delete
  5. thank you so much, Anastasia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so now I have to say you're crazy... these poppies are stunningly beautiful! and you've done it with only one colour! it's absolutely crazy to criticize so hard!
    I (the girl for whom poppies consist of 4 neon pink dots and 1 black dot in the center) am in total admiration of your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww :) Thank you for your super motivational comment, Natalia! It made me smile loads! And don't belittle yourself - your manis are always gorgeous!!! :D

      Delete
  7. I guess you already know what I am going to say: this is a beautiful manicure. I follow your blog with great enthusiasm. You can always surprise us with a new manicure :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweetie, for such a lovely comment! :D
      I'm glad I can surprise you **

      Delete
  8. These are stunning and you don't need help with flowers those poppies are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you so much! It means a lot - I'm never too sure when it comes to drawing, and comments like yours help my motivation to keep at it and get better by the manicure ;)

      Delete
  9. You are so harsh on yourself!! You can tell instantly that these are poppies! they're beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank yous o much Char! It really means a lot to hear you say that :D

      Delete
  10. These are absolutely stunningly perfect - as are all your designs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire. Coming from someone whose manis are beautiful, it's a true compliment! :D

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...